All,
Background : In the development environment I have a setup which is not equal to yours. Therefore a few of the below things I cannot test (that is, not all the time, and it would be very time consuming), but when I want to test an older XX version I most probably bump into the same anomalies ... as you might have always at installing a new version. However, I never heard anyone complain, so now I wonder ... do you have similar and must I try to do something about that, or are the below things unique to my environment anyway ?
Vista SP0 (which *will* matter) and UAC is off, all as advised by myself hehe (
Vista Users ... prepare yourselves ...).
1. Can you ever Restore to you Old Settings ?Yesterday I installed 0.9-v6a in a new folder, and received the message (at first startup) that not all setting could be restored;
The message says "no problem" but the only way to avoid the message the next times at startup (and loose the settings AGAIN) is to answer the question with "No, I don't want to Restore the Old Settings".
For a new XX folder this seems logic to me. However :
Today I downloaded 0.9v-7 over the files in the 0.9v-6a folder (but I renamed the folder to 0.9v-7 !) and the sequence was the same.
This is obviously not the intention of the Restore function, and now at each new version you have to set the settings all over.
Is this common behaviour for you to ? (hence the most inconvenient)
2. Things can get stuck within ChangeWP (the Wallpaper feature) ?I changed OS disks; this should go unnoticed (by the OS itself) because it is a literal copy, and only the disks are different.
However, together with the procedure described under 1 above, today I noticed that the Wallpaper wouldn't change, *and* by kind of accidence I noticed that ChangeWP.exe kept on running with XX and everything closed (no XXEngine3 running either).
I got smart
and thought it would be rights related. Started XX as administrator (but all of which is arranged for already), and after that it appeared that ChangeWP was waiting for the confirmation to "Run this (unsigned) program", hence now the message appeared which apparently was there under the hood before, just the same.
One time starting XX as Administrator was enough to solve the problem for the next times.
But yes, since I applied a new icon to the new XX folder, most probably this is logic. But again the most inconvenient.
Do you experience similar ?
3. Again in the context of the above, I suddenly may receive a message from ChangeWP that a .cue file does not existThe .cue file sure does exist, and I am 100% sure this is somehow related to files coming over (via Ethernet) from another PC in the network.
When renaming the .cue file to some other name, and rename it back, the problem has gone.
I never noticed something like this before, so I am fairly sure it is related to the install in the new folder.
Also, I
think it is related to the necessity of starting XX once as administrator, although I can't be sure.
Note that I don't see the relation to which .cue files do, and which don't "exist" as it is reported.
All 'n all I am afraid that nobody tells about these quite annoying "features" while everybody is confronted with them all the time.
Are you ?
Peter